Durable, dimensional and tactile--domed labels really stand out from the crowd! This particular style of specialty label offers many qualities that set it apart from other label types:
- A raised, 3-D appearance
- A heavy-duty, durable composition
- A wonderfully tactile quality: people enjoy the plush feel of touching a domed label
- The use of materials that lend UV-resistance and clarity
- A uniquely impressive appearance
What Makes Up a Domed Label?
A domed label consists of five layers:
- The liner at the bottom
- The next layer, a special, heavy-duty adhesive to handle the extra thickness of a domed label
- Above the adhesive, a print surface, which can be clear, white, silver, gold, or a custom color/pattern
- The next layer, your logo, brought to vivid life with 7-Color Digital Printing
- Lastly, the dome itself, formed when a polyurethane liquid is poured over the printed label material. Once the dome is cured, you are left with the crystal-clear, flexible, protective coating which gives the label its raised/3-D appearance. Polyurethane, one of the most inert forms of plastic available, makes your domed label a long-lived product which will provide you with years of service.